Skip to main content

Dispensationalism


John Nelson Darby (1800-1882) was a man who did two things, he took 70th week of the Book of Daniel and stretched out to the End Times, and he was the father of Dispensationalism, a belief system that God dispenses different peoples with separate blessings and covenants. According to Darb'ys doctrine of Dispensationalism, God dispenses different covenants. There are total of seven dispensations that divide the history of man:
I. Dispensation of Innocence (prior to the Fall, "Do not east of the Fruit of Good and Eve, Eden),
II. Dispensation of Conscience ( You must assuage guilt and sin with blood sacrifices.)
III. Dispensation of Human Government (Multiply and Subdue the world, example the Tower of Babel Gen 11:1-9, and Genesis 1:28).
IV. Dispensation of the Promise (Dwell in Canaan, Jerusalem)
V. Dispensation of the Law ("Obey the Law of Moses and the Prophets").
VI. Dispensation of Grace (The Church, Jesus Christ has come and died for our sins and given us eternal life)
[Some add another Dispensation, called The Dispensation of the Spirit, when Holy Spirit descended at Pentecost, and many scholars believe this is the period we live in]
VII. Dispensation of the Kingdom (After Tribulation, the Millennial Reign and New Heaven and Earth).
Darby broke up the entire history of God's people into these separate dispensations, and at first glance it appears to be a rather accurate model for the different periods of human history. However, there is a major problem with Dispensationalism. Firstly, the Lord does not mention dispensations (nor seven), but divides everything into two covenants, "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah," (Jeremiah 31:31), "In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you," (Luke 22:20), "When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear," (Hebrews 8:13), "That is why he is the one who mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant," (Hebrews 9:15), "And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life," (2 Corinthians 3:6), "Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant," (Hebrews 7:22), "Now, however, Jesus has received a far superior ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is superior and is founded on better promises," (Hebrews 8:6), and "to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel," (Hebrews 12:24). Secondly, according to Darby's Dispensationalism the Jews are believed to  receive God's Old Covenant promises as theirs even after Jesus, and the promises of Abraham are the property of the Jews alone opposed to being shared with the Church. The Church in contrast is under this doctrinal system to be  the Dispensation of Grace through Jesus' Blood. What Darby has done is in direct contravention of the Scriptures, is separate Christians into sphere of blessing and Jews into another. From Darby's view point, Jews still receive favor from God even if they do not believe in Jesus. The Canon of Scripture, the New Testament refutes this idea and Dispensationalism, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus, And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you," (Galatians 3:29), "We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at the end of what was fading away. But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ, Yes, even today when they read Moses' writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand." (2 Corinthians 3:13-15), "Jews demand signs and Greeks search for wisdom, So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it's all nonsense. But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God," (1 Corinthians 1:23-24), "And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction," (Romans 3:22), "For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink," (1 Corinthians 12:13), "He redeemed us so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit," (Galatians 3:14), "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus," (Galatians 3:26), "I am the Way, The Truth, and the Life, none can come to Father except through me," (John 14:6), "When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear," (Hebrews 8:13), "Now, however, Jesus has received a far superior ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is superior and is founded on better promises," (Hebrews 8:6), "Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant," (Hebrews 9:15), "He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own,and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God/There it was—the true Light [the genuine, perfect, steadfast Light] which, coming into the world, enlightens everyone. He (Christ) was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. He came to that which was His own [that which belonged to Him—His world, His creation, His possession], and those who were His own [people—the Jewish nation] did not receive and welcome Him. But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name— who were born, not of blood [natural conception], nor of the will of the flesh [physical impulse], nor of the will of man [that of a natural father], but of God [that is, a divine and supernatural birth—they are born of God—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].
," (John 1:9-13), "And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.  For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 
No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him," (John 1:15-18), "When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, Jesus said, "I will come and heal him." But the officer said, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, 'Go,' and they go, or 'Come,' and they come. And if ...
I say to my slaves, 'Do this,' they do it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, "I tell you the truth, I haven't seen faith like this in all Israel! And I tell you this, that many Gentiles will come from all over the world-from east and west-and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven. But many Israelites-those for whom the Kingdom was prepared-will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
," (Matthew 8:5,7-12 NLT), "I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 
I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with
your father.” They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.
You do the deeds of your father.”
Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?
He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.” Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?” Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.
Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.” Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.’
Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?” Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them,
“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM (John 1:1-15, Colossians 1:13, Genesis 1:1-27).” (John 8:37-59), "Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses.
For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.  But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us.
For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love," (Galatians 5:2-6), "But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit./But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code," (Romans 7:6 NLT and NIV), "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace," (Romans 6:14), "Therefore, my brothers, you also died to the Law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God," (Romans 7:4), "Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian. For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes.There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you," (Galatians 3:24-29), "The Law, however, is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The one who does these things will live by them Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us. For it is written:  “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree. He redeemed us so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Brothers, let me put this in human terms. Even a human covenant, once it is ratified, cannot be canceled or amended. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say, “and to seeds,” meaning many, but “and to your seed,” meaning One, who is Christ," (Galatians 3:12-16), and, "Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, “You must not covet.”But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power. At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, and I died. So I discovered that the law’s commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead. Sin took advantage of those commands and deceived me; it used the commands to kill me. But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good. But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God’s good commands for its own evil purposes. So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[b] I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." (Romans 7:7-25).


The case that anyone under Old Covenant gets certain rights and blessing from God is made obviously false by plethora of verses aforementioned. John Neslon Darby like other scholars who errored, notably John Calvin, created a tradition of man and passed it off as if it were from God (Mark 7:7). The goal of the spirit giving Darby these 'revelations' was an antichrist spirit trying to convince Christians that Jews are more special, when in point of fact they are not, but rather are said tale of ruination, how they missed the Messiah and Bridegroom, Savior and God (Titus 2:13) because of their man made traditions (Pharisee schools, and Talmud). Jesus even said to the Pharisees, "Jesus replied, "Your mistake is that you don't know the Scriptures, and you don't know the power of God," (Matthew 22:29, cross ref Mark 12:24), and in truth they did not, just as now Judaism is no longer directly a religion of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Jeremiah, Isaiah, but has become since 7th to 12 Century a religion based on the Talmud and Midrash, with the Torah (First Five Books of Moses) being the only Scripture elevated and studied extensively. Men like Darby and Radical Messianic Cults claim any person that would state the Law is no logner required and venture into a pure, simple, faith in Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:2-3) are following Replacement Theology, but in truth it is they, the Darbinites, Cultic Messianics, and others who use Replacement Theology, doing as the Galatians did, and acting the False Apostles (2 Corinthians 11:13-14) who seek to put the yoke of the Law and the blood of bulls on people, instead of the Truth that Jesus' Blood is greater (Hebrews 10:4, 9:13, and 12:24) and we need no longer follow the Law, "But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit," (Romans 7:6), "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace," (Romans 6:14), and "Therefore, my brothers, you also died to the Law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God," (Romans 7:4).
Darby brought a heresy, a doctrine of demons (1 Timothy 4:1) and another gospel (Galatians 1:8-9) which put primacy on the Jews despite their unbelief, something that Jesus Christ being the God of Jews they rejected (John 10:22-41) and a Jew by blood (Matthew 1, Luke 1) rejects, and says, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever rejects the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him," (John 3:36), "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies," (John 11:25), and "For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day," (John 6:40), "For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil," (John 3:16-19), and according to his Apostles, "then let this be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed, Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved," (Acts 10, 12), and "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved." (Romans 10:9-10). Dispensationalism is corrupted by an idea that Jews are someone passed over by judgement, when we are told, "Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty--but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life," (Revelation 21:27), "The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!," (John 1:29), and "And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire," (Revelation 20:15). There is only one door (Revelation 3:7-8), one gate (John 10:9), one way (John 14:6), and one person (God and Man) by which we may enter eternal life, heaven, and have free access to God, that is Jesus Christ. Any other Gospel is from Satan, and is a curse on person, "" (Galatians 1:8-9), and is seeking to seduce people from a pure and simple devotion to Christ, "" (2 Corinthains 11:3-4, 13-14).

The Darbyists and Dispensationalist make their case with this one verse, "And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob” (Romans 11:26). However, true to form they have left the context of the entire chapter out, "I say then, has God rejected and disowned His people? Certainly not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected His [chosen] people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have torn down Your altars, and I alone am left [of the prophets], and they are seeking my life.” But what is God’s response to him? “I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too then, at the present time there has come to be a remnant [a small believing minority] according to God’s gracious choice. But if it is by grace [God’s unmerited favor], it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace [it would not be a gift but a reward for works].What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking [that is, God’s favor by obedience to the Law], but the elect [those chosen few] obtained it, while the rest of them became hardened and callously indifferent; just as it is written [in Scripture], God gave them a spirit of stupor,Eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear,
[a spiritual apathy that has continued] to this very day. And David says, Let their table (abundance) become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a retribution to them. Let their eyes be darkened so that they do not see,And make their backs bend [under their burden] forever.” 11 So I say, have they stumbled so as to fall [to spiritual ruin]? Certainly not! But by their transgression [their rejection of the Messiah] salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make Israel jealous [when they realize what they have forfeited]. 12 Now if Israel’s transgression means riches for the world [at large] and their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment and reinstatement be! 13 But now I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 in the hope of somehow making my fellow countrymen jealous [by stirring them up so that they will seek the truth] and perhaps save some of them. 15 For if their [present] rejection [of salvation] is for the reconciliation of the world [to God], what will their acceptance [of salvation] be but [nothing less than] life from the dead? 16 If the first portion [of dough offered as the first fruits] is holy, so is the whole batch; and if the root (Abraham, the patriarchs) is holy, so are the branches (the Israelites).

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you [Gentiles], being like a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among them to share with them the rich root of the olive tree, 18 do not boast over the [broken] branches and exalt yourself at their expense. If you do boast and feel superior, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root that supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand by your faith [as believers understanding the truth of Christ’s deity]. Do not be conceited, but [rather stand in great awe of God and] fear [Him]; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches [because of unbelief], He will not spare you either. 22 Then appreciate the gracious kindness and the severity of God: to those who fell [into spiritual ruin], severity, but to you, God’s gracious kindness—if you continue in His kindness [by faith and obedience to Him]; otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they [the unbelieving Jews], if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in; for God has the power to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and against nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much easier will it be to graft these who are the natural branches back into [the original parent stock of] their own olive tree?  25 I do not want you, believers, to be unaware of this mystery [God’s previously hidden plan]—so that you will not be wise in your own opinion—that a partial hardening has [temporarily] happened to Israel [to last] until the full number of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so [at that time] all Israel [that is, all Jews who have a personal faith in Jesus as Messiah] will be saved; just as it is written [in Scripture], The Deliverer (Messiah) will come from Zion,He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.” This is My covenant with them,When I take away their sins
28 From the standpoint of the gospel, the Jews [at present] are enemies [of God] for your sake [which is for your benefit], but from the standpoint of God’s choice [of the Jews as His people], they are still loved by Him for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable [for He does not withdraw what He has given, nor does He change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call]. 30 Just as you once were disobedient and failed to listen to God, but have now obtained mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient so that they too may one day receive mercy because of the mercy shown to you. 32 For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all [Jew and Gentile alike]. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and decisions and how unfathomable and untraceable are His ways! 34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor? 35 Or who has first given to Him that it would be paid back to him? 36 For from Him [all things originate] and through Him [all things live and exist] and to Him are all things [directed]. To Him be glory and honor forever! Amen." (Romans 11:1-36 AMP). Clearly the Dispensationalists ignore the entire canon of this chapter, and single out one verse. I have a rule, either you cite the entire context and share a whole paragraph or more, or find more than five verses in the New Testament that cross reference, then you know its not just twisting one verse out of context. It is for this reason that I sometimes overwhelming readers with so many Bible verses, so that you may as brothers and sisters in Christ, as my family members in the faith, know the facts.

Here is another refutation of Dispensationalism, I am pulling out the big guns for this post, I know:
"I speak the truth in Christ; I am not lying, as confirmed by my conscience in the Holy Spirit. 2I have deep sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my own flesh and blood, 4the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises. 5Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.6It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7Nor because they are Abraham’s descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, “Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned.”a 8So it is not the children of the flesh who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring. 9For this is what the promise specified: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”10Not only that, but Rebecca’s children were conceived by one man, our father Isaac. 11Yet before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad, in order that God’s plan of election might stand, 12not by works but by Him who calls, she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”c 13So it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
d 14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Absolutely not! 15For He says to Moses:

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,

and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

16So then, it does not depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”18Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden. 19One of you will say to me, “Then why does God still find fault? For who can resist His will?” 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”21Does not the potter have the right to make from the same lump of clay one vessel for special occasions and another for common use? 22What if God, intending to show His wrath and make His power known, bore with great patience the vessels of His wrath, prepared for destruction? 23What if He did this to make the riches of His glory known to the vessels of His mercy, whom He prepared in advance for glory— 24including us, whom He has called not only from the Jews, but also from the Gentiles? 25As He says in Hosea:

“I will call them My people who are not My people,
and I will call her My beloved who is not My beloved,”
26and,
“It will happen that in the very place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
they will be called
‘sons of the living God.’
27Isaiah cries out concerning Israel:
Though the number of the Israelites is like the sand of the sea,
only the remnant will be saved.
28For the Lord will carry out His sentence on the earth
with thoroughness and decisiveness.”j
29It is just as Isaiah predicted, Unless the Lord of Hosts had left us descendants,
we would have become like Sodom,
we would have resembled Gomorrah.”30What then will we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. 32Why not? Because their pursuit was not by faith, but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33as it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense;
and the one who believes in Him
will never be put to shame." (Romans 9:1-33 Berean Bible). In verses one through three the Apostle Paul laments and wishes he could save his people, who are stubbornly refusing the saving grace of Jesus Christ.



The truth is we the Church are now Israel. Both Jew and Gentile, Slave or Free, Male or Female, are now sons of Abraham through Christ (Galatians 3:28-28 Paraphrased). How are we Israel? Through Christ Jesus our LORD who is the God of Israel (Romans 10:9, LORD means Jehovah, God of Israel), and the fact Jesus created all things as our Creator (John 1:3, Colossians 1:13, Genesis 1:26) and before Abraham was I AM (John 8:58), but He also is a Son of Abraham (Matthew 1:1), and David (Matthew 1:1). Thus the God of Israel makes us Israel by Himself becoming a Man (John 1:15, Matthew 1:23-30, and Hebrews 1:1-29), and dying for the sins of Jews and Gentiles, and all peoples, if they believe in Him have eternal life and become Israel. The Prophet Jeremiah foretold this, "The day is coming,” says the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt. They broke that covenant, though I loved them as a husband loves his wife,” says the Lord“ But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.” (Jeremiah 31:31-34), and the Prophet Isaiah said this about Jesus who certainly (read Matthew chapters 1-8, Mark chapters 1-10, and John chapters 3-20, and you will see Jesus fulfills these prophecies exactly), "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison (I am set captives fee see) and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols," (Isaiah 42:6-8). The New Covenant is for both Jew and Gentile who will believe in Jesus Christ! There is no longer any distinction, classism, favoritism, or special position for either Jew or Gentile, both are One in Christ (Galatians 3:28, Romans 3:22-29, 1 Corinthians 12;13, Galatians 3:14). Darby and his dispensationalist disciples have tried to deceive people. The evil one always tries to convince people of something more than the saving grace and salvation in Christ alone (). We must be careful not to take the advice of any scholars, seminarian, secret teacher, super apostle, sage, or spirited pastor who speaks against the Gospel, and sneaks and slithers in other gospels (2 Corinthians 11:3-4, Galatians 1:8-9). Darby did just that, by creating insecurity in Gentile Believers, when the whole thing was settled by our Savior and God Jesus Christ (Titus 2:13) and was spoken to by the Apostle Paul. If anyone who have clinged (held on to, preserved, kept as part of) to Old Law and supported Judizing Christianity it would have been the Apostle Paul, "I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin--a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault, I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ. 9and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God on the basis of faith." (Philippians 3:5-9). The Apostle Paul was the ultimate Jew and followed the Law of the Jews, and yet counted it lost to believe and follow the Jew who is God and who made the Jews and Gentiles, and all things, Jesus Christ! Paul even when he went before Gentiles did not boast in man's wisdom or eloquence, "When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:1-2). Thus Paul did not adopted Greco-Roman traditions and ideas, but kept to purity and simplicity of the Gospel which is forth both Jew and Gentile, and everyone else! (1 Corinthians 1:23-24, Matthew 24:14). In Jesus Christ alone is salvation and all wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:2-3). Jesus Christ is God (Colossians 2:9), He has been with Father and Spirit since beginning (John 1:1-3) and was who the Father said, "Let us make for ourselves man in our image." (Genesis 1:27), and "Man has become like One of us, knowing good from evil." (Genesis 3:22). Jesus is God, the one who goes by names in Old Testament, Son of Man (Ezekiel 28), Lord of Hosts, "Our Redeemer—the LORD of hosts is his name— is the Holy One of Israel," (Isaiah 47:4 cross ref Revelation 19:13-16), Jehovah, "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth," (Psalm 83:18, cross ref Philippians 2:8-11), and Son of God (Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6-7, Daniel 3:25, cross ref Matthew 16:16 and Mark 1:1). For Jesus even means, "The LORD Saves" for Jesus is the Lord (Romans 10:9), and the Lord means Jehovah, God of Israel. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel’s Conquest of Canaan: The Nephilim and Giants

  Christianity Today asserts that the conquest of Canaan can be a “stumbling block” for believers. This probably is because of a foolish idea of comparing it to a modern conquest happening in our world. The truth is that God had Israel conquer Canaan because it was ruled by evil giants, “We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” (Numbers 13:33). These are Anakim or Nephilim, the children of angels and human women, “When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God (angels) saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These w

Jesus’ Name in Aramaic

There has been a trend to render Jesus’ name Hebrew, יֵשׁוּעַ , Yeshua. The problem is neither Christ nor his apostles, nor the Jews in 30-33 A.D. spoke Hebrew, they spoke Aramaic. A ramaic is the oldest language on earth and was the language Jesus spoke. In fact, the oldest Old Testament is the Septuagint a Greco translation around 132 B.C.E. (165 Years Before Christ)that was translated from Aramaic. The Masoretic Text, The Hebrew Old Testament most Bibles use, dates from 7th to 10th Century A.D. (Medieval Times).  This translation does not cross reference with the words of Christ in the New Testament which are Aramaic and Koine Greek.  If the Aramaic was what Jesus spoke, then by what name would have been called? Jesus’ name in Aramaic is Isho or Eesho, spelled ܝܫܘܥ . That is the name of our Lord in Aramaic! He would have heard his name in this dialect, “Hail Isho or Eesho!” as well as the Greek, Ἰ ησο ῦ ς , Iesous.  Aramaic is disappearing, only a few people are endeavo