Skip to main content

The Tabernacle and The New Tabernacle

The Tabernacle in Wilderness,

Did the LORD God ever want a Temple, Building, or House?
"But that same night the Lord said to Nathan, “Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord has declared: Are you the one to build a house for me to live in? I have never lived in a house, from the day I brought the Israelites out of Egypt until this very day. I have always moved from one place to another with a tent and a Tabernacle as my dwelling. Yet no matter where I have gone with the Israelites, I have never once complained to Israel’s tribal leaders, the shepherds of my people Israel. I have never asked them, “Why haven’t you built me a beautiful cedar house?”’ Furthermore, the Lord declares that he will make a house for you—a dynasty of kings! 12 For when you die and are buried with your ancestors, I will raise up one of your descendants, your own offspring, and I will make his kingdom strong. 13 He is the one who will build a house—a temple—for my name. And I will secure his royal throne forever. 14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. If he sins, I will correct and discipline him with the rod, like any father would do. 15 But my favor will not be taken from him as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from your sight. 16 Your house and your kingdom will continue before me for all time, and your throne will be secure forever," (2 Samuel 7:4-7,11-16 ),

"But that same night God said to Nathan, “Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord has declared: You are not the one to build a house for me to live in. I have never lived in a house, from the day I brought the Israelites out of Egypt until this very day. My home has always been a tent, moving from one place to another in a Tabernacle. Yet no matter where I have gone with the Israelites, I have never once complained to Israel’s leaders, the shepherds of my people. I have never asked them, “Why haven’t you built me a beautiful cedar house?”’ “‘Furthermore, I declare that the Lord will build a house for you—a dynasty of kings! 11 For when you die and join your ancestors, I will raise up one of your descendants, one of your sons, and I will make his kingdom strong. 12 He is the one who will build a house—a temple—for me. And I will secure his throne forever. 13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my favor from him as I took it from the one who ruled before you. 14 I will confirm him as king over my house and my kingdom for all time, and his throne will be secure forever." (1 Chronicles 17:4-14),

Note that when LORD tells Nathan to tell David, I am sending one who would build you a temple, this is fortelling Jesus who would build a temple (us believers) through His death and Resurrection. "one of your sons, and I will make his kingdom strong. 12 He is the one who will build a house—a temple—for me," (1 Chronicles 17:11-12) which is fulfilled in Christ Jesus, "But Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory." (Hebrews 3:6).

Then the Father rebukes the Apostle Peter at the Transfiguration:
"The Transfiguration, Peter exclaimed, “Lord, it’s wonderful for us to be here! If you want, I’ll make three shelters (tents) as memorials—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” But even as he spoke, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy. Listen to him," (Matthew 17:3-6),

"Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?," (1 Corinthians 3:16),

"But Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast," (Hebrews 3:6),

"If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is holy, and you are that temple," (1 Corinthians 3:17),

"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building," (1 Corinthians 3:9),

"I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me," (John 17:20-21), 

"As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you
also will remain in the Son and in the Father." (1 John 2:24).

Jesus Christ tore the veil of Temple with His death, "When Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He yielded up His spirit, At that moment the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth quaked and the rocks were split." (Matthew 27;50-51). The barrier between us and God was broken by the Jesus who is God (Colossians 2:9) death for us. We now can enter holy of holies, and God's throne room, "Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus," (Hebrews 10:19), "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most," (Hebrews 4:16), "for the Law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God," (Hebrews 7:15), "In Him and through faith in Him we may enter God's presence with boldness and confidence," (Ephesians 3:12), "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God," (Romans 5:1-2). In Acts the Church had no temple, and lived in a community, sharing everything (Acts 2:44, Acts 4:32). The Building was erected by the heretical churches of 100-323 A.D. and was rebuilt by Constantine The Great (hmm.. just like Herod The Great), "" (Eusebius Quote). In addition, this reformation will remove the class system of clergy and laity made by Constantine, for the Scriptures say, "Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.[And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted," (Matthew 23:7-12), "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light," (1 Peter 2:9), and "Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers, Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ." (Ephesians 4:11) these are gifts not offices or positions, just as there gifts of Spirit (2 Corinthians 12:4-11).

The Point is that God had Tabernacle that travelled everywhere with Israelites, then God came in body (John 1:15) and tabernacle with us, died for us and now tabernacles in all believers (1 Corinthians 3:16, Colossians 1:27). The problem with temple is it was pagan idea, to create place where you have to go to the gods, but the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Andrew, Peter, and John says I come to you, first in tent or tabernacle, meaning God moves with his people and comes to populations, then God took on flesh tabernacle of Body (John 1:15) and went to man again, and now through Jesus Christ, faith in Him, we become tabernacles of God (1 Corinthians 3:16, John 17:20-23, Colossians 1:27).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel’s Conquest of Canaan: The Nephilim and Giants

  Christianity Today asserts that the conquest of Canaan can be a “stumbling block” for believers. This probably is because of a foolish idea of comparing it to a modern conquest happening in our world. The truth is that God had Israel conquer Canaan because it was ruled by evil giants, “We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” (Numbers 13:33). These are Anakim or Nephilim, the children of angels and human women, “When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God (angels) saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These w

Dispensationalism

John Nelson Darby (1800-1882) was a man who did two things, he took 70th week of the Book of Daniel and stretched out to the End Times, and he was the father of  Dispensationalism , a belief system that God dispenses different peoples with separate blessings and covenants. According to Darb'ys doctrine of Dispensationalism, God dispenses different covenants. There are total of seven dispensations that divide the history of man: I. Dispensation of Innocence (prior to the Fall, "Do not east of the Fruit of Good and Eve, Eden), II. Dispensation of Conscience ( You must assuage guilt and sin with blood sacrifices.) III. Dispensation of Human Government (Multiply and Subdue the world, example the Tower of Babel Gen 11:1-9, and Genesis 1:28). IV. Dispensation of the Promise (Dwell in Canaan, Jerusalem) V. Dispensation of the Law ("Obey the Law of Moses and the Prophets"). VI. Dispensation of Grace (The Church, Jesus Christ has come and died for our sins an

Jesus’ Name in Aramaic

There has been a trend to render Jesus’ name Hebrew, יֵשׁוּעַ , Yeshua. The problem is neither Christ nor his apostles, nor the Jews in 30-33 A.D. spoke Hebrew, they spoke Aramaic. A ramaic is the oldest language on earth and was the language Jesus spoke. In fact, the oldest Old Testament is the Septuagint a Greco translation around 132 B.C.E. (165 Years Before Christ)that was translated from Aramaic. The Masoretic Text, The Hebrew Old Testament most Bibles use, dates from 7th to 10th Century A.D. (Medieval Times).  This translation does not cross reference with the words of Christ in the New Testament which are Aramaic and Koine Greek.  If the Aramaic was what Jesus spoke, then by what name would have been called? Jesus’ name in Aramaic is Isho or Eesho, spelled ܝܫܘܥ . That is the name of our Lord in Aramaic! He would have heard his name in this dialect, “Hail Isho or Eesho!” as well as the Greek, Ἰ ησο ῦ ς , Iesous.  Aramaic is disappearing, only a few people are endeavo