Skip to main content

Amore Amore



I dost believe in True Love, in the fairytale that there is one individual on this earth who was meant for me. I believe in this fallen Eden exists my Eve and that I shall spend my life seeking for her and being worthy of her affections.
I am a hopeful romantic, I imagine and contrive in my mind what a life with my bride shall be like. I adore love stories, among my favorites are: The Tragedy of Romeo & Juliet, A Walk to Remember, Tristan & Isolde, The Last Song, The Notebook, Anna & The King, Elizabethtown, The Holiday and ETC.

I believe love tis multi-demensional, that it is triad: Ria, Ahava, and Dode (The Three Loves). I believe there is the Friendship love (Ria), also called brotherly love. This kind of love is plutonic and tends to be devoid of intimate physical affection, although hand shakes and hugs are common. Then there is the deep emotional connection (Ahava), the love that makes you sick, obessesed, that makes you desire to be with that person forever, the commitment nature of love that is called Ahava is intricate, it festers in the core of your soul. It is a bond that is not easily rendered asunder, it is what brings two people together in Holy Matrimony. Then there is the physical affection or Dode, the side of Amore we tend to be more exposed to via the media. This is the outward expression of our love via touch, embrace, and of course conssumation. Unlike how it tis depicted in cinemia and television I believe sex is deeply spiritual and emotional act. That it is not just a form of pleasure or chemical/sensory ecstacy. It is a way to form a bond with that person, to share all of your being with them. It is beautiful, it is meant to be blissful, and it has major impact on the two people who engage in it. I believe in imprinting, that if you have relations with someone, you have given apart of yourself to them, and they to you. That you influence one another, that you form a bond that is strong like Ahava. Ultimately, love can only last if the three flames of love: Ria, Ahava, and Dode are combined into one. If only the embers of one burns it shall be snuffed out. That is why affairs don't last, they only have Dode (physical) aspect of love. Yet even some Ahava marriages fail because they have no friendship (Ria) or physical affection. 


[The concept of the Three Loves is Jewish, the sermon by Rob Bell]  


Note: I believe in abstinance, in saving yourself for marriage to have sex. I even made pledge, a vow publicly that I would wait until my wedding day (True Love Waits). :)

I also believe Amore is long suffering, it is the willingness to lay down your life for a friend (the greast love according to Christ) and that it is putting yourself second to others. Love is double sided coin, it is selfish and selfless. We all need affection, we all crave it and deserve portions of it, however we also must freely give the same affection, we must love those around us; family, friends, and even enemies. For Christ said to love our enemies, to pray for those that persecute us.   Love is multi-faceted, you can’t easily label it or put it into a box. Its defintion can be subjected to each person, however I do believe the greatest love is that of God himself, that: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, and whoso ever believeth in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.” -John 3:16


God’s love in unconditional, it doesn’t deviate or change on your preformance. You can even hate God and he will still love you. Such a love is not found easily in our society today, many forsake and flee over frivolous matters. Divorce is on the rise and infidelity is like a terminal cancer without a cure. Despite all negative messages and propaganda, I still believe in a love that is pure, chaste, and lovely. That we can have ecstacy in safety, that somewhere out there is a woman I shall spend the rest of my life with, whom I shall cherish and share all my secrets with. I wait patiently or rather expectantly. Oh God, when shall I behold her face? When shall I feel warmth of her embrace? When shall I call her mine, how long must I wait for my bride?

Comments

  1. I like your definition of love.
    Tis very true...pain and joy are mixed, though I hope that the joy overpowers the pain.
    God has a woman out there for you. I pray you find her soon.
    May God bless you saving yourself for her...I know He will!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess it tis not my own definition, it tis the Jewish defintion. I belive it wholeheartly. I need to edit the post, my apologies, I wast not trying to claim the concept as my own.
    Sir Pendragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH, a new title! Sir Pendragon! :D
    Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It tis the title I'm know by in my Knight Club. Although instead they call me King Pendragon. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Israel’s Conquest of Canaan: The Nephilim and Giants

  Christianity Today asserts that the conquest of Canaan can be a “stumbling block” for believers. This probably is because of a foolish idea of comparing it to a modern conquest happening in our world. The truth is that God had Israel conquer Canaan because it was ruled by evil giants, “We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” (Numbers 13:33). These are Anakim or Nephilim, the children of angels and human women, “When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God (angels) saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These w

Dispensationalism

John Nelson Darby (1800-1882) was a man who did two things, he took 70th week of the Book of Daniel and stretched out to the End Times, and he was the father of  Dispensationalism , a belief system that God dispenses different peoples with separate blessings and covenants. According to Darb'ys doctrine of Dispensationalism, God dispenses different covenants. There are total of seven dispensations that divide the history of man: I. Dispensation of Innocence (prior to the Fall, "Do not east of the Fruit of Good and Eve, Eden), II. Dispensation of Conscience ( You must assuage guilt and sin with blood sacrifices.) III. Dispensation of Human Government (Multiply and Subdue the world, example the Tower of Babel Gen 11:1-9, and Genesis 1:28). IV. Dispensation of the Promise (Dwell in Canaan, Jerusalem) V. Dispensation of the Law ("Obey the Law of Moses and the Prophets"). VI. Dispensation of Grace (The Church, Jesus Christ has come and died for our sins an

Jesus’ Name in Aramaic

There has been a trend to render Jesus’ name Hebrew, יֵשׁוּעַ , Yeshua. The problem is neither Christ nor his apostles, nor the Jews in 30-33 A.D. spoke Hebrew, they spoke Aramaic. A ramaic is the oldest language on earth and was the language Jesus spoke. In fact, the oldest Old Testament is the Septuagint a Greco translation around 132 B.C.E. (165 Years Before Christ)that was translated from Aramaic. The Masoretic Text, The Hebrew Old Testament most Bibles use, dates from 7th to 10th Century A.D. (Medieval Times).  This translation does not cross reference with the words of Christ in the New Testament which are Aramaic and Koine Greek.  If the Aramaic was what Jesus spoke, then by what name would have been called? Jesus’ name in Aramaic is Isho or Eesho, spelled ܝܫܘܥ . That is the name of our Lord in Aramaic! He would have heard his name in this dialect, “Hail Isho or Eesho!” as well as the Greek, Ἰ ησο ῦ ς , Iesous.  Aramaic is disappearing, only a few people are endeavo